Monday, March 23, 2009

Whispers = Club 215

In case you were wondering, or if you had the slightest of inklings, Whispers Club in Bombshell is in fact a fictionalized version of Club 215 in Colton, CA. Here's some pictures I took today of the real club.

The image “http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3422/3381023744_1ff56308f1.jpg?v=0” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The image “http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3446/3380204929_018d1ffb64.jpg?v=0” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

As you can see it is in fact two stories with the club its self being up stairs. There's also a balcony up there for the customers and the dancers to convene on. And as you can see, it's quite small and cozy. Just thought you might enjoy seeing the real place. Was this what you had imagined?

I've gotten a few reviews of Bombshell recently that I'd like to share here just in case you haven't picked up a copy yet.

Stacey said:


Bombshell is a very strong first fiction for new author Jessie Terwilliger. Marina, the main character, is a strong and interesting young woman who has had a hard life. As the story opens, Marina is having a hard time making it in the nightclub world as an exotic dancer. She wants to get out, and go into law enforcement, but she has a lot working against her. Terwilliger's dialogue is interesting and true to life, with enough "cute" to make you root for the characters, enough darkness to make the story compelling, and enough humor to make you laugh out loud.

Bombshell gives the reader an interesting inside look at nightclubs and a harsh look at the realities of working as a stripper. I'm looking forward to reading more about Marina.


Kelly said:

Bombshell is an unforgetable story. As a busy mom, I don't have much time to read, but I made time for Bombshell! The book is so fast paced and well written, I read it in three sittings (would have done it in one, back in the pre-baby days). It is an amazing story about unlikely characters whose paths cross in a crazy way. I was super impressed with the book, for so many reasons.

First, you can tell that the author put a lot of research and time into this book. There are so many specific details that do not necessarily stand out, but they add to the depth and believability of the book. I actually found myself thinking about the book when I wasn't reading it, and in my busycrazyfull world, that is something in its own. It is described as a book about a 'topless dancer, who wants to be a cop...' but it is all that and more. I thought I might be reading about the adventures of a stripper, rather I read about the struggles of a girl that is easy to relate to. No, I've never stripped or had dreams of going into law enforcement, but I have had crazy relationships: whirlwind love that comes out of nowhere and disappears into thin air and I have always wanted better for myself.

Very cool book. I cannot talk enough about it. The various plot twists keep the reader on the edge of their seats, and the ending is something that is unforeseeable. By the end of Bombshell, you will have developed a relationship with the characters and closing the book will be bitter sweet. I can only hope there is a sequel!

Read it! You will not regret it!


Thanks to everyone who has left reviews, they help and I really appreciate them. By the way, I occasionally do stealth giveaways of the book via Twitter, so be sure that you're following me at http://twitter.com/davidsdoll101.

Still working on a few other books at the moment, I've got my brains all scrambled trying to do research. No official news as to any further release dates yet, but stay tuned.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, it is just like I imagined, but I didn't picture all the trees etc.

It was hard for me to picture, though, because strip clubs around here are one story...surrounded by cement, most often directly off a busy road or interstate (probably why there were no trees in my imagination of this joint).

Very cool, Jess.

(ps. next time I pass one of ours, I will take a picture for you) ;)