Tuesday, August 4, 2009

If I Had To Give You A Date...

At this point I'm going to speculate that A Powdery Tattoo will not be out before December 2010. What I want is for it to be ready before then and release it next April but with my current goal of trying to buy a house, plus the fact that we're going to be switching apartments in the next few weeks, I doubt I'll have the stamina to sit down and write anything that I can be proud of or that I'd even remotely be able to share.

National Novel Writing Month is coming up in November, and that, I promise, I will try to participate in. What will my project be for that? Well, I have a few options.

I did get Social Butterfly to 50,000, but what if I were to take it to 100,000? Okay, so it's not starting a new novel, but it's 50,000 words in 30 days like the rules say. I could get that one to 100,000 no problem, considering the first 50,000 didn't even near the climax.

A few other possibilities are Girls Are Pretty or The Fool On The Hill, which is actually part two of Golden Dawn but I think I'm going to hold off on writing it for a few years. Another idea is a book that I'm calling Pyro in my head but also Fires In The Valley but I think the latter sounds a bit like a romance novel, which it so is not. But that one needs more research I think as it involves arson investigations and some heavy scientific and psychological themes. That one might be on the backburner for a while.

The good news is that when I wrote on Twitter that I needed to borrow a fire fighter "just for a little while" the LAFD responded and asked how they could help. Wow! Even though my request sounded vaguely sexual it still got a response, and a helpful one at that! I was given the number to their arson experts so I can call and get some help if I need it. I also have a few books coming to me in the mail about arson, one of which is called, dramatically, FIRE COPS! My favorite.

I'm going to try to keep this blog just a little bit more updated, and in return I would love to see some Amazon reviews if you wouldn't mind. I know you have a lot of time on your hands and all.

Until next time...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2584/3789810823_5c2369dde1.jpg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool. um, i will put it on my to-do list...sometime this week, i will review you.

glad to see this updated. you must have read my mind, because i was just thinking about it yesterday.

Unknown said...

I'm going to try to keep up with it once a week. It's just hard to try to update on what's not going on. If I were writing or if I had real news, I'd have no trouble posting.