Saturday, January 31, 2009

Very Many Lots Of Things

  • So Golden Dawn has suddenly been re-discovered and the reviews are rolling in. Found this one on Amazon today:
    I enjoyed this captivating read by Jessie Terwilliger. It was relateable and very interesting, especially for readers very local to the Inland Empire. Many of the landmarks mentioned are indeed real; which makes the novel very believeable, as most of us know of, or actually know children in the "system." I am anticipating the release of Jessie's next novel, with her talent and intellect, I'm sure I'll be just as entertained.
What's interesting about this is that Bombshell also has these local Inland Empire landmarks and such since it takes place in San Bernardino. So if people are reading from around where my books are being written about, they're certainly appreciating the locality aspect of the books, and that makes me smile. I write what I know, and the Inland Empire is all I've known for 25 years, so I consider myself to be an expert. Plus I'm stoked that someone gave me such an awesome review. Be sure to leave your reviews too, they help to promote the books. Golden Dawn is also going to be available for the Kindle soon as well.

  • Bombshell is looking for reviewers. I will be happy to send e-book versions to those who have blogs or websites. I will also send hard copies of the book upon request. I'm very excited because it's coming out in just over a week, and I think everyone is pretty hyped up about it. I just hope that you find that it lived up to its hype, I mean I personally love it to death. To describe it in two words I'd just go with "love" and "danger." Golden Dawn could be described in two words as "cold" and "violent." For those who didn't like Golden Dawn, Bombshell will offer something different, and for those who did like Golden Dawn, Bombshell will offer something more. It's more entertaining than intrusive like Golden Dawn was.
  • I want to warn those who live outside the US that the shipping rates that my publisher offers are what you might consider outrageous, and I don't blame you. Not to worry, because the book will be available at all major online retailers within six weeks of the release, and you will be notified. But if you simply cant wait, then go ahead and order it straight from Lulu and check the shipping prices and options. For those within the US the shipping rates are fairly standard.
  • There has been question as to whether I will sell autographed copies directly, and I will be happy to do that if there is interest in it. If so, please leave a comment below.
  • Don't forget to add the book to your To Be Read pile on Goodreads.com.
I think that's it for tonight. I'll let you know if anything else comes up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd love to review it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I will review it! I promise, I will even finish up Golden Dawn and review this one too.

I am a slacker reader during the semester, though....so, I understand if you would rather pick someone who will read it uber fast!