Saturday, January 3, 2009

You Bring The Smokes, I'll Bring The Beer

...though I will probably just watch you partake in those things, they're not really my style. Anyway, Bombshell is still scheduled to come out on the 11th of February, despite some drama regarding the funding and the manuscript being stuck in Oregon for a while due to Snowmageddon.

I'm feeling that a complete deconstruction isn't necessary on the final edit after all. I will keep what I have, but I will do a lot of fixing and adding, mostly adding because now I've really been through some situations that give me insight. Someone who one of the characters is loosely based off of died in real life, and I believe that it will put one of the characters in a more awkward position than it originally had. And dealing with loss, well...I haven't really dealt with loss since the situations surrounding Golden Dawn's theme, but now I have, and I think it will help the story.

One of my editors did make the remark that I'm not very good at writing about feelings, but I think the past few weeks have helped me to actually experience some. Not that my life is always perfect but I'm mostly carefree and not too stressed so these things have given me something to think about and learn from.

I haven't been writing because I've been waiting to redo Bombshell, though I have been itching to work on a few other stories. But I know if I start them I'll only be distracted when my manuscript gets here, so I've been knitting instead. I'm promising to knit 25 scarves this year because I turned 25 and I have oodles and oodles of time on my hands now that my husband is leaving for CHP academy.

Anyway, when all this is done, let's celebrate somehow, hey?

No comments: